WORK FOR US
We pride ourselves on providing a supportive and enjoyable work environment that staff are proud to be part of.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this post is responsible for managing the day to day running of the finance and administration function including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash, inventory and fixed assets. The Financial Controller will also provide guidance and support to the Managing Director, Board of Trustees and wider Pickaquoy team by providing them with financial management information and analysis for decision making. In addition, the postholder will prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, manage the annual budget setting process and coordinate all compliance/governance requirements.
The role will require a highly motivated qualified Accountant with relevant experience in a similar position. The ideal candidate will have experience of budget preparation, excellent attention to detail and have a track record of delivering high quality results. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to step up, develop their career or to make a difference to this successful, innovative and dynamic organisation.
As well as a competitive salary the position also hosts a range of other enticing benefits:
• Local Government Pension Scheme – employers contribution of 17.6%
• SHAW breaks – opportunity to extend unpaid 1/2hr lunch break for a further 1/2hr which will be paid, in order to exercise up to 3 times per week
• Free use of facilities following 6mth probationary period
• Cycle to Work Scheme after 1yr service
• 28 days annual leave rising to 33 after 5yrs with an additional day from years 6 – 10, giving a max entitlement of 38 days after 10yrs service
• Enhanced company sick pay 6 months full pay followed by 6 months half pay – linked to length of service
For a confidential discussion, please contact Nigel Fortnum or Gayle Williamson at our recruitment partners, Aspen People, on 0141 212 7555.
For more information and to apply please visit Aspen People.
Closing date: Monday, 8 April